2021-01-03 - Keywords
Key words and phrases that people utter, which make me classify them as
ignorant nutjobs. Note that some are from the Left, others are from the
Right, all are wacko.
- A right wing favourite - that I seriously doubt exists.
"Educate yourself" / "Do your research"
- Like the person saying this apparently did, 100% on social media and fringe web sites.
- Governments are too big everywhere. People bandying about this term universally oversimplify the problem.
"Elites" or "Liberal elites"
- People with an actual education and expertise, unlike the speaker.
- The companies that make life saving drugs. Oooh, the horror!
- When uttered in a derogatory manner, the people using the word usually have no idea what it means.
- Not company ownership - the idea that there should be equal outcomes, rather than equal opportunity.
- As opposed to actual regulation through a stable, predictable legal system.
"Triggered" / "safe space"
- Nobody has the right to not be offended or made uncomfortable.
- Everybody has their own lives. Nobody cares about yours.
- As though being Jewish or South Asian or whatever is something that was done to you, as opposed to a bit of cosmetic trivia.
- Cultures are just random collections of weird and colourful behaviours. They can be copied, but not stolen.